If you or someone you know has been injured on or by a Brightline train, don’t hesitate to seek legal counsel. The Fort Lauderdale Brightline accident attorneys at Salpeter Gitkin, LLP are experienced personal injury attorneys with experience handling a variety of accident cases.
Whether injured in a slip-and-fall or a life-threatening collision, you have the right to pursue compensation from the liable party. Our passionate team of attorneys can make you aware of your legal options and protect your best interests throughout the claims process.
Fort Lauderdale Brightline Train Facts
The Brightline train has garnered the attention of the masses for numerous reasons. The most notable include the following:
- Price: With prices said to be as low as $12 for a one-way trip, Brightline makes traveling between Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and West Palm Beach relatively affordable.
- Convenience: Brightline stations are located in the heart of downtown of each of the listed cities. For those who need to journey beyond downtown, public transportation services are available at the station.
- Experience: Brightline provides everything from modern lobbies and extra large seats to an all-inclusive package including unlimited food, drinks, and free WiFi.
- Speed: Reaching up to 79 mph, the Brightline shortens what would be a 50-minute trip via car to a 30-minute trip via train.
While the speed may be the most attractive feature of the Brightline, it is also the cause of numerous pedestrian accidents. The new Brightline trains now occupy railways that have most recently played host to slow-moving freight trains. Nearly a dozen people have died from being struck by the train while either walking or on a bicycle. However, being hit by the train isn’t the only way one can sustain an injury at the hands of Brightline.
Types of Brightline Train Accidents
When you are at a Brightline train station or boarding a Brightline train, you are owed a standard of care by property managers. The same goes for when you are traveling from one location to the next as you are putting your safety into the hands of the conductor. While collisions with the train itself have been making headlines, it is not the only type of Brightline train accident. Some others include:
- Slip or trip and falls
- Food poisoning
- Mechanical failures
- Exposed high voltage cables
- Train derailments
- Electrical issues
- Inadequate warning signs
- Train on train collisions
The victims in these accidents often include passengers, pedestrians, drivers of other vehicles, and even Brightline employees. It’s crucial to know that regardless of anything else, if a third party’s negligence causes your injury, you have the right to pursue damages.
Get Help from a Fort Lauderdale Brightline Accident Lawyers
Brightline trains may be seen as a convenience to many, but they also present the possibility of preventable personal injury accidents. The Fort Lauderdale Brightline accident lawyers at Salpeter Gitkin, LLP are dedicated personal injury attorneys with extensive experience representing train accident victims. We’ve settled numerous personal injury cases including premises liability and product liability claims. Reach out to us today at (954) 467-8622 for a free case evaluation and to discover the potential value of your claim.