Get The Compensation You’re Entitled To By Law
You purchased insurance to protect your property in case of an emergency. You faithfully paid your premiums. You trusted that, if it came down to it, your insurance company would be there for you when needed. Then came the emergency. Perhaps you were involved in a car accident. Maybe your house was damaged by a hurricane. Your property was damaged in one way or another, and you turned to your insurance company to help you through. And they turned their back on you.
Situations like this often occur, leaving individuals with damages and no financial support to cover the associated costs. What’s the point of having insurance if they’re not there for you when you need them most?
The Fort Lauderdale insurance dispute attorneys at Salpeter Gitkin, LLP have experience taking on massive insurance companies and fighting for the rights of consumers. Bring your case to us, and we can help you recover what’s rightfully yours.
Top Reasons Why Insurance Companies Deny Claims
The number one question people have after realizing that their insurance company won’t cover the costs for damages is “Why was my claim denied?” While all claims are different, insurance companies have a few common reasons why they deny coverage claims. These include:
- Pre-Existing Conditions: Your injury stemmed from a pre-existing condition rather than from the accident; therefore the insurance company does not need to cover any damages.
- Delayed Treatment: There was a lapse of time between when the accident occurred and when you sought treatment. This creates the possibility that you picked up the injury after the accident in which case the insurance company isn’t required to cover damages.
- Prior Injuries: People often sign medical authorization forms that allow the insurance company to look through their medical history. They can use a past surgery or injury to deny your claim.
- Insurance Policy Violation: Insurance policies often have restrictions. While some limit coverage to one person, others specify that the vehicle is for personal (not commercial) use. Using your car to drive for a rideshare service would violate the latter.
- Fraud: The claim itself was fraudulent. The possibility of fraud often arises when individuals delay the submission of the required documentation.
If none of these seem to be relevant to you, there is a strong possibility that you were wrongfully denied coverage. In such cases, it is essential that you seek legal representation who can help ensure that you recover the compensation you’re entitled to by law.
Was Your Insurance Claim Denied?
E-mail us or call us at (954) 467-8622 to schedule a free consultation about your denied insurance claim. The attorneys at our law firm are ready to stand up for people in Fort Lauderdale, throughout South Florida and beyond.
We understand the tactics used by Citizens Property Insurance Company and other auto and homeowner insurance companies. We know that they routinely deny and underpay claims. We know that they are businesses willing to resort to unfortunate practices to preserve their bottom lines.
We Know How to Fight Them
Our team is made up of vigorous fighters, willing to go the distance to see that Citizens and other insurance companies change their minds about wrongfully denied insurance claims. Whether your case involves PIP insurance, car insurance, business owner insurance, home insurance or any other similar insurance policy, we can help.
Insurance companies are willing to fight over denied insurance claims. They have many resources that they will put to work trying to get out of having to pay you what you deserve. We have resources, too. We are ready to channel all of our energy into your case. We will work hard and strive to get what is right for you.
Get Help From a Fort Lauderdale Insurance Dispute Lawyer
Insurance companies rarely take individuals seriously who combat their decisions without legal counsel. Acquire a team of attorneys ready to go to bat for you when you secure the legal counsel of one of our highly-qualified insurance dispute lawyers.
The Fort Lauderdale insurance dispute lawyers at Salpeter Gitkin, LLP have decades of combined experience helping people just like you recover the compensation they’re entitled to by law. As members of the Florida Justice Association and Florida Legal Elite, we are trusted by accident victims throughout South Florida in search of comprehensive legal counsel. To discuss your denied insurance claim with a trusted trial attorney, contact us today at (954) 467-8622 for a free case evaluation.